Unless otherwise specified by MPowered, the revised policy will take effect automatically and be binding on and from the day they are posted on the Site.
Collection of Personal Information
As explained in the Terms of Service, we will collect certain information about you in connection with your on-line registration as a member of MPowered at the Website and mobile applications. In addition, you may create, disclose or disseminate personal or business data and/or information in connection with your use of the Services while using MPowered or its affiliates’ networks or equipment, which data and information will be stored or cached on MPowered’ systems, computers, servers or other equipment. All of the foregoing information, together with any other information described below as “Personal Information,” will be referred to herein as “Personal Information.” Your identity may be discernable from your Personal Information, and Personal Information will specifically include the following:
- Your full name
- Your address
- Your e-mail address
- Your credit card/debit card number and/or other payment account information
- Your proof of Identity
- IP address of your server from where the Site is being accessed, the type of browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, etc.) the operating system of your system and the Site You last visited before visiting our Site, referring source which may have sent You to the Site, duration of Your stay on our Site.
- Details about the mobile devices and their operating system
- Other information associated with the interaction of Your browser and the Site.
Our Use and Sharing of Information
We will only use your Personal Information as is reasonably necessary in connection with our provision of the Services to you as a member of MPowered, including without limitation:
- To bill you for payments owed by you.
- For authentication and identification purposes.
- To ensure your compliance with the Terms of Service and/or to investigate any potential breach of the Terms of Service.
- To protect the networks, data, software, or business interests of MPowered, its affiliates, and members. We may also use your Personal Information to contact you with information relating to the Services, your membership account with MPowered, and news and information relating to our product offerings, services and/or events.
- To analyze the details of your visit to our Site, including but not limited to, location data, weblogs, and other communication data.
- To conduct internal reviews and data analysis for the Site (e.g. to determine the number of visitors to the Site.
- To provide it for scrutiny to any statutory, regulatory or any other governmental authority or any other agency as advised by government or any judicial body.
- To resolve disputes.
- Detect and protect Us against error, fraud and other criminal activity;
enforce our terms and conditions.
- Use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Site. Your IP address is also used to help identify You and to gather broad demographic information.
- To improve our internal customer training.
- To enhance the security of our Site.
- Sharing the information with third parties in order to provide certain services to You.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and we will not sell or lease your Personal Information to any third party. However, in addition to using and disclosing your Personal Information in the manner described above, we may disclose your Personal Information:
- To any person, entity or organization which you consent for us to disclose Personal Information to;
- To financial institutions and other service providers as is reasonably necessary to verify your credit card information and to bill your credit card for any payments owed by you relating to your membership with MPowered and/or use of the Services;
- To our business partners and agents who provide hosting services, and web and technical support providers, as is necessary or required in connection with the operation, maintenance and support of the Services and the Website;
- To comply with any legal requirements, act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or court orders, to defend any legal or administrative proceedings, or as we believe in good faith is necessary to comply with any laws or legal requirements;
- As MPowered believes is necessary or appropriate in an emergency situation, including without limitation, to prevent criminal activity, personal injury or property damage;
- To the police, financial institutions, or other appropriate authorities in connection with any investigation of suspected criminal or fraudulent activity by any person or entity.
- To protect or defend our rights or property (including enforcement of our rights under the Terms of Service;
- In connection with any legal proceedings relating to your use of the Services or the Website; and
Use by Other Parties of Your Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be accessed by any person who has access to your account log-in information (“Log-In Information”). Therefore, we hereby advise you that You should carefully protect the security and integrity of your Log-In Information to guard against unauthorized access and disclosure of your Log-In Information. Further, we cannot control how third parties and other users of the Website may use any information that you disclose in postings or submissions while using the Website or any part of the Services, including without limitation in your postings in chat rooms and on message boards and forums. We encourage you not to disclose or provide any personal or sensitive information while using any generally- accessible sections of the Website.
For the processing of credit card payments and another mode of online payment, our payment processor uses a Secured Socket Layer (SSL) server which encrypts your personally identifiable data prior to transmission of this information over the Internet. We have also put in place reasonable physical measures and administrative procedures (security measure) to safeguard against unauthorized access of Personal Information and to help prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of Personal Information that we collect in connection with your use of the Services and the Website. However, we cannot guarantee that the security measures we implement in connection with the operation of the Website and the Services will absolutely prevent others from accessing or acquiring any of your Personal Information, including without limitation your credit card information. You, therefore, agree that any breach of security measure beyond the control of MPowered is at your sole risk and expense. We reserve the right to conduct a security review at any time to verify your identity. You agree to provide MPowered all the information that MPowered for the security review. If You fail to comply with any security request, MPowered reserve the right to terminate Your membership with MPowered sand prohibit Your access to the Site.
From time to time, we may e-mail you news bulletins, information on technical service issues, or information relating to the Services, or other services or products provided by MPowered, its members and/or business partners. You consent to the delivery of such communications by e-mail to the e-mail address that you provide to us when you establish your membership account or while otherwise using the Services or the Website.
Use of Third Party Websites
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, MPowered shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of Your Personal Information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event (as defined below).
“Force Majeure Event” shall mean any event that is beyond MPowered reasonable control and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, pandemic, epidemic, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
Accessing and Changing Personal Information
You may access your membership account and amend your Personal Information contained therein at any time. In addition, you have the right to contact us at any time to (a) request the removal of any Personal Information that you provided to us in connection with your registration as a member from our servers and computer networks; and (b) update and modify your Personal Information relating to your membership account. Please use the contact information provided below. Such a request may require us to terminate your membership in MPowered. If any such Personal Information is removed from our servers or computer networks, any third party who had access to such Personal Information prior to its removal may have retained some or all of such Personal Information. We are not responsible for the retention or use by third parties of any of your Personal Information at any time, including following its removal from our servers or computer networks.
Retention of Personal Information
After termination of your membership with MPowered, MPowered shall destroy all the data collected from You within a reasonable time, except the records and data pertaining to the transaction undertaken using our Services or the Site. Please note that under the applicable laws, we are required to maintain a record of this transaction with MPowered including personal data such as Your name, contact details, customer number, transaction history, etc. Other than the information specified above, MPowered will delete all Personal Information that MPowered holds about You when Your membership is terminated.
Please note that MPowered will not require You to disclose Your personal or Security detail vide email or other communication. If You receive an email/ phone call/ SMS or other communication requesting You to share Your Personal Information, please do not respond to such requests and delete such requests immediately. Please forward such requests to email@example.com for notifying MPowered of the same prior to the deletion of such requests.
In the event that MPowered goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personal information will likely be among the assets transferred
Governing law and dispute resolution